Monday, February 25, 2013

How to Make Spaghetti Squash

I've heard about spaghetti squash and been fascinated by it for a long time.  However, I was completely intimidated by the thought of actually making it.  It was only when Alex and I decided we needed to eat healthier and be a little more calorie-conscious before the wedding did I start to experiment with it.  I cooked this up for dinner and seeing as how Alex licked both our bowls clean, I think it was a success.


What you need:
1 Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti Sauce
4 chicken andouille sausages

First, heat the oven to 350.  Split the spaghetti squash in half, remove all the seeds and place face-down on an aluminum foil covered baking sheet and cook for 35 minutes roughly.   Then take a fork and scrape out the inside of the squash until the inside is clean.  It'll look amazingly like spaghetti!

Then what I did was in another pan, cook the sausages until they're hot (about 10-15 minutes).  In a separate pan, mix the sauce with the squash (as much sauce as you like) and let it simmer on a low heat.  Once the sausages are cooked, slice them up and add them to the sauce and let them cook for another 10-15 minutes.  Then serve with some yummy parmesan!



No comments:

Post a Comment